Main course : nm A dish is a dish served during a meal and which can be very diverse. the main course ( main course), is the most rich and the most cared for. It is usually a meat, the volaille, for an game or a fish, pasta, service with a garnish. It is he who determines the whole menu.
- The single dish, often regional in nature, sometimes replaces the main course : this is the case with sauerkraut, big aioli, couscous, etc.
- The a cooked dish : The expression " flat food "(Or dish cooked in advance, hereinafter abbreviated PCA) means, in France, any preparation culinary made of food food original animal ou vegetable, whose consumption may be postponed at least to the day after the day it is preparation and its baking
- The today's special (or garnished dish) is the suggestion made by the Head an restaurant for the main course, depending on its supply, products producers available and season.
The word "dish" is also synonymous with culinary specialty, recipe regional, as well as the content of the flat.
- The main course : A main course is a dish that is not easily overcome. This is the dish principal an meal or a dish that can, on its own, serve as a dish principal.
- The National dish : it is the dish which is chosen by the people of a country, of a nation; two examples: the paella forSpain, fried mussels for Belgium.
Some dish preparations: