À Prosper Montagne (1865-1948), French chef and culinary writer.
Gastronomy is simply the world of elegance.
Regis Carisey (*)
1st edition - February 2017
2nd edition - April 2020
This Gastronomic Encyclopedia contains no recipe de Food, And this for two reasons
- on the one hand, it is creation and therefore matter, " the only star " according to the late and great chief Bernard Loiseau (1951 - 2003), who made the dish and whose precise knowledge seems to us more important than the indication (even very detailed) of how to prepare a dish.
- on the other hand, we find, discover (almost all) the receipts very well explained and illustrated (in photos, videos via Pinterest ou YouTube - for example - and live) on the internet and on the many gastronomic sites or via culinary blogs, constantly updated (by subscription to newsletter or flows rss in particular), but which do not necessarily provide relevant information on the origins, nature, definition and illustration of products et food, ingredients and materials mentioned and used in recipes.
For the constitution of this gastronomic work, we focused our research on the plurality of dishes and especially on the diversity of materials, ingredients and foodstuffs used and employed by chefs and their chefs de partie, to make them with their own. skillful and inexhaustible ingenuity, but also, and above all, those used by the peoples and communities of our planet with regard to the creations and preparations local culinary, traditional or artisanal, with a maximum of explanations and illustrations.
We have also dug, sought, investigated, investigated in fields as strange as foreign, on known things (the lollipops et cones, waters, tunes), or unrecognized as the cephalopods (cepion), your shape of urethane and mastic, whiffs, the oil of Sacha Inchi, the seaweeds (Cloud , wakame), the fruits (cocona, combawa, nashi, yuzu.) and exotic nuts (babassa).
Only two recipes " wink »Make the exceptions that confirm the rule; it is :
- the recipe for gloubi-boulga by Casimir, the imaginary character created for children by Yves Brunier and Christophe Izard.
- the recipe for caper sauce without capers created in 1938 by the French comedian and comedian Pierre Dac (1893-1975).
Right-footed : Each entry, part, image or photograph of The Gastronomic Encyclopedia may be reproduced or recorded in a system or may be transmitted in any form or by any means of commexisting unication, including, recording, photocopying or faxing or other means of reproduction including, the latest means of reproduction and communication (scanner, download, attachment, social networks,…).
The author only requires that the source " The Gastronomic Encyclopedia - Gastronomiac - 2020 Edition » be cited.
Disclaimer : Every effort has been made to ensure that The Gastronomic Encyclopedia is as up-to-date as possible when it is made available online.
The publisher cannot accept any responsibility for any consequences which may arise from the use of this Encyclopedia, nor for any material or immaterial problem on the websites of third parties mentioned by name or via hypertext links, and cannot guarantee that the websites or blogs mentioned, which include or refer to hyperactive or interactive links, are a suitable source for general information.
Note and contact : Cannot be exhaustive and immune to errors, omissions or gaps in this vast field of gastronomy and cooking, we respect the points of view, advice and criticism, suggestions and corrections from our online readers or bloggers.
Do not hesitate to write to us via our Contact form or by our email address: email@example.com or via the social network icons located at the bottom of the page.
We promise to send a response to each email received.
For an even quicker and more direct question or remark, our telephone: +41 22 900 13 30 (international rate from your operator).
Good reading, good food and above all excellent tasting.
(*) Writer and gastronomer, graduate ofThonon-les-Bains Hotel School, Haute-Savoie (France) and
owner of Certificate of Competence as a restaurateur and hotelier from the State of Geneva (Swiss).
GENERAL SUMMARY OF THE ENCYCLOPEDIA
« Of all the passions, the only truly respectable one seems to me to be gluttony » Guy de Maupassant
« Beauty will or will not be edible » Salvador Dali
"The cuisine is as good to eat as it is to think about" Claude Lévi-Strauss
« The Big Card » dishes and dishes
Drinks, wines and spirits
- French wines
- Wines from other countries
- The grape varieties from A to Z
- Alcoholic drinks : alcohols and cocktails: from A to Abbotato to Z like Zytnia
- The dictionary of wine and vines
- Food and wine pairing guide
- Non-alcoholic drinks
French cuisine and flavors
From to like Alsace to V like Vendée
Cuisine and flavors of the world
From to like Africa to Z like Zambia
Mouth slang : familiar and slang vocabulary of food, drink and cooking.
From to like Hunger suppressant to Z like discord.
Lingo dinner : American slang for cooking and catering (bilingual English-French version)
Japanese cuisine and gastronomy glossary cooking
The terms and names of products, dishes and certain uses of Japanese cuisine
Summary of the Japanese lexicon
De Abura (edible oil) To Zuwai-gani (snow crab)
- Annex A - Measurement converter
- Annex B - French gastronomy at theUNESCO : The gastronomic meal of the French.
- Annex C - The Top 10 hotel schools in the world
- Annex D - French title of master restorer: Decree of September 14, 2007 relating to the attribution of the title of master restorer .
- Annex E - Mercury of the prices of the most expensive food and products in the world (2016 course).